Flash – Am sure you have all heard of it. Trying to play a video after a new OS install are prompted to Install Flash Player. Flash Player is the earliest mode of streaming content. But over time due to performance issues and better alternatives Flash has been pushed away. HTML5 has been adopted as the new standard. Earlier Android devices used to have support for Flash Player but they stopped it over the last few releases. Some services like Amazon still use Flash and if you plan to stream videos on their site from your mobile device – it just is not possible anymore. But in Android we always have a workaround don’t we . Today we are going to Illustrate How to Install Flash Player on Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Before we start – Make sure Unknown Sources is Enabled in your Device. If you are not sure – Head to Settings->Security and check for Unknown Sources – Enable it if you haven’t already. We are providing verified APK files – so no worries.
- Grab a download of the Adobe Flash Player from this link. This is an official archive version from Adobe on their site.
- Once downloaded , Go ahead and Install the Application. We aren’t yet ready to stream Flash content as Chrome does not support Flash Player , so we are going to be using another major browser.
- Open up Play Store and Download Mozilla Firefox for Android. Firefox is one of the best when it comes to tweaking because of its support for Extensions.
- Now you are ready to Stream Content. But most sites block requests from Mobile Devices. For Example – Amazon Prime Video is going to recognize your device and is going to display an error message before even trying to Play the video. So you will have to make Amazon Prime believe that the request is from a Desktop device.
- Open this link in Firefox and Install the Plugin.
Navigate back to Tools -> Add-ons and tap on Custom User-Agent String. Then, delete the current string of text and replace it with the following:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
- Now give Firefox a Fresh Start and you are ready to Stream Content from Amazon Prime on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
If you have any troubles with streaming content on any other site m let us know in the comments section below and we will get back to you with a workaround. This should work for all major sites as of now – So enjoy Streaming right on your device.