iOS maybe the most stable Mobile OS around , but it is not that flexible when it comes to customization. Jailbreak is similar to Root in Android but it does more actually. Jailbreak gives you Cydia – the Home of all cool repositories. Its been over a month after iOS 7.1 released and there have been no Jailbreak releases from the famous developers. Many people had to stick to the previous iterations to hold on to their Jailbreak. No worries now – Thanks to a set of Chinese developers , who have releases an Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 7.1.Their jailbreak tool is called Pangu, and works with the iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPad Mini, iPad Air, and iPod Touch running either iOS 7.1 or iOS 7.1.1. A complete detailed tutorial on how to Jailbreak iOS 7.1 on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch is given here.
- Download the Pangu tool from the Official website. The whole website is in Chinese but you can easily get the Download. For now , the App is not available for Mac OS, so only Windows users follow this guide.
- Here is the link to the site to Download – PanGu tool.
- Before you connect your device to the computer – Change the Date to June 22nd. To do that , go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time and set it to June 2nd, 2014.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer now and Open up Pangu.
The application will be entirely in Chinese, but here’s what you need to know:
- Uncheck the black circle on the left side. This will ensure that the Chinese app store does not download onto your device.
- When you’re ready to start, click on the black box with four question marks.
- After you Tap the Black Box , wait for the progress bar to reach 205. By now you should have the Pangu App in your device.Open up the App and just leave the App in your System to continue.
- Once the progress bar reaches around 80%, your device will reboot. The progress bar will then continue until 100% and your iOS device will once again reboot.
- When your device Boots back up , You should have Cydia in your Device.
If you had any troubles with the setup , ask us in the comments . Been long since we had a Jailbreak huh ? Maybe we will soon have the next update and the developers will have to start all over again. Furthermore, you can share feedback and suggestions as well so that we can serve you better in future.