CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 GSM – Android 4.4. KitKat Update : Samsung has become the best smartphone manufacture by launching its phenomenal smart devices. Adding to this, Samsung has added a few big screened devices too in the tech market. Samsung Galaxy Tab2 is one of the most popular Tablet device in the market which gets a new Android 4.4 update recently. Yes, if you are not aware then let me make this clear that this device can now be upgraded with this latest Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 GSM is now available. Learn how you can download and install this new OS on your Tablet device.
CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM firmware which is given here is only available for Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 GSM Tablet device. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many issues. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes after installing this update.
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure your device is charged up to 75% to handle this entire installation process
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 GSM – Android 4.4. KitKat Update
Step 1 :
- Initially, download CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Tab2 with Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware update. If you are not aware from where to download it, kindly follow the link given below and download this Firmware from there.
- Download CM 11 Android 4.4 KitKat ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your PC. You can follow the below given link to download Google Apps directly.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your phone to the PC by using a proper data cable and make sure it is connected in Mass Storage Mode, this is just to access the stored data of your device.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card and move a step ahead.
Step 5 :
- Disconnect your device from the PC and turn your Tablet in a complete off mode.
- Boot your device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Samsung Tab is on its Recovery mode. You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu. This process will clear up the current OS version from the device to let in a new one!
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the custom ROM Firmware file of Android 4.4 KitKat forSamsung Galaxy Tab2.
Step 10 :
- Do repeat the same process once again to install Google Apps on the device after completing the above process.
Step 11 :
- After this, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now to come back to the main display.
Step 12 :
- Your Tablet will itself reboot and this time it will take several minutes to get it completely done!
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Tab2. You can manually check this firmware out right from your device. For that, do follow the below given path.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your take on this? Have you ever heard about this update before? Do share your views and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any other queries or doubts to be asked, feel free to let us know. We would like to interact with you. Your feedback is always welcomed!