Everyone is expecting to have Android 4.4.4 KitKat on their smartphones, especially high-end ones. Generally, the users who owns any specific carrier operator devices has problem in receiving latest updates. But, that’s not case with Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM – G900V model because the device receives the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat with a baseband version G900VVRU1ANHA. The update brings a lot of improvements and bug fixes to the device.
In case, if you have missed the update notification or you have any downloading issues, then you can take a look at the manual process. From the below tutorial, you can easily learn how to Update Verizon Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat Official Firmware [G900VVRU1ANHA]. As this is the manual method, so you will not face any downloading issues. Follow the below guide carefully and upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM – G900V smartphone.
- You have to charge the device battery to 70 – 80% for a flawless process, because the battery is the only source during the process.
- Please check that you have enabled “USB Debugging” option on your device.
- You need to take the backup of your important data.
- Remove the MicroSD before going for updating process
- Ensure that your system must contain Samsung USB Drivers to detect your device.
How to Update Verizon Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat Official Firmware [G900VVRU1ANHA]
Download G900VVRU1ANHA Android 4.4.4 KitKat official update and Odin tool from here.
Extract both the files on your desktop in one specified folder.
Shut down your device.
Boot your device into download mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down + Home + Power” buttons together for a few seconds. At last, press “Volume Up” button to get into download mode.
Join your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM – G900V to your PC via USB data cable.
If you device is detected successfully then a blue/yellow/green light will lit under one for the ID:COM box.
You have to select specific files in the Odin tool.
- Click on “AP / PDA” button and select “.tar.md5″ file.
- Click on “CP / Phone” button and select file having a “MODEM” in its name. (Don’t select, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “CSC” button and select file having a with “CSC” in its name. (Don’t select, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “PIT” button and select the “.pit” file. (Don’t select, if you don’t find such file)
Now you have to very careful which checking the box. Only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes must be checked and don’t interfere with any of the boxes.
Note: Please make sure, if you find “.pit” file then you have compulsory check Re-Partition box.
Finally, click on the “Start button” to begin the upgrade process.
Once the upgrade process is completed, a big green ring will be displayed on the screen with a “PASS” message.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM – G900V to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Now check your smartphone performance, is there any difference or not? Tell us using the below comments section. Enjoy 😀