Developed by Valve Corporation, Counter-Strike 1.6 is a first-person view shooting combat game. It is set in a number of various locations wherein the players assume the roles of members of combating team, either Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist. The teams are tasked with defeating the other team by achieving certain targets or by killing of the members of the opponent team. The popularity of this game is depicted by statistics for having sold over 40 million units worldwide. Not too high on graphics, with comparatively simpler layouts and low running memory, this game has gone all the way to become one of the most popular and successful combat games. A greater part of this success is credited to its online gaming option. Players can connect to an internet server and play with and/or against players from around the world.
The best thing about counter-strike 1.6 is that one does not need high internet speed or processing speed to play it online. One can play this game in a multiplayer mode using online play option. And here is how to do so.
Steps to Play Counter Strike 1.6 Multiplayer
Playing online multiplayer can be carried out using two methods: 1) Steam (official) and 2) unofficial clients; both of which are easy to carry out.
Steps to Play Counter Strike 1.6 Multiplayer using Steam
Although it is not free, it is the official and a more secure way to play CS 1.6 online. Follow these steps to use Steam:
- The player needs to buy and download original Counter-Strike Steam application from www.valvesoftware.com followed by installing it. This requires the player to create a free account on the website.
- Then the license key should be entered which was generated while purchasing the software.
- Press ‘~’ to begin the game.
- On the main screen of the game, click on the option ‘Find Server’ and select any desired server to initiate a multiplayer game with players around the globe.
Steps to Play Counter Strike 1.6 Multiplayer using Unofficial clients
There a number of unofficial clients, many of which are free of cost, that enables players to connect with each other over the internet and play multiplayer. The most popular and widely used of all the clients is the Garena Software.
The process is easy to follow too:
- Download Garena software from intl.garena.com/plus/
- The player is then required to sign up for a free account and to login into the same.
- Install the software and open the shortcut icon created on the desktop after completion of installation.
- Press the ‘~’ button. There will appear a list of servers. Select any desired server and get on in the game.
And that’s how Counter-Strike lovers can find themselves playing with players from all over the world, indulging in combats, missions and team play! So these were the easy steps that you need to follow in order to Play Counter Strike 1.6 Multiplayer. Thank you for reading this post. You can subscribe to our blog and could also follow us on various social networking websites in order to receive regular tech updates similar to this.