OnePlus 2 is the latest flagship killer smartphone from OnePlus with a lot of unique features which are really very hard to find in many other high end devices. The OnePlus 2 runs on cyanogen mod but can also be easily rooted if you wish to install any other ROM in it.
No doubt OnePlus 2 is an amazing device, and one could easily tweak its performance by rooting it and enhancing its performance and taking it to a whole new level. You can now easily root your OnePlus 2 smartphone and install custom recovery as the TWRP recovery which is now available for OnePlus 2 smartphones. So, in this guide, we’ll provide a step by step approach following which you can easily root your OnePlus 2 and also install TWRP recovery without much hassle.
Steps to Root OnePlus 2 and Install TWRP Recovery
In order to get access to root on your OnePlus 2 smartphone, you must first install the TWRP recovery using ADB commands, followed by flashing the SuperSu zip file via recovery.
Here is a step by step guide to perform the aforementioned tasks.
- To begin, you must first install OnePlus 2 drivers along with ADB files on your PC
- Unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 2.
- Go to Settings and find “Developer Options”. Open it and seach for “USB Debugging mode”. Tap on it to enable.
- Now connect your phone to your PC via a USB cable.
- Open the ADB folder in which you copied recovery.img file,then hold shift button and right click on empty space in the screen(inside the ADB folder).
- Run this command- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img(this flashes TWRP recovery on your phone)
- Type the following command- fastboot boot recovery.img(this will boot your phone into TWRP recovery directly)
- Tap the install button and flash the SuperSu zip file that was saved in the phone in step 7.
- Finally, restart the phone by tapping the Reboot System Button
TWRP is installed and your phone is now rooted.
These are some wasy steps using which you can root your OnePlus 2. Once it is done, you can do various things which you couldn’t do earlier, such as enjoying lots of rooted apps, taking android backup tec.