Apple unveiled its upcoming iOS 9 at the WWDC 2015 that brings in a lot of new features and stable improvements. And a short while Apple also released the beta version of this new iOS on its Developer Websites. So if you have a developer’s account and want to install iOS 9 Beta on your iPhone or iPad then follow the steps given below.
- Beta versions contains bugs, so install iOS 9 Beta at your own risk.
- Do take the backup of your iOS device before installing this beta version. Taking a backup is the most important step so do not skip this at any cost.
- You must have an Apple Developer Account. If not then you can enroll for the same for $99 per year.
Procedure to Install iOS 9 Beta on iPhone and iPad
- Login to the Member Centre on Developer Website for Apple using your Developer’s Account ID and Password.
- Click on “Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles” option there.
- Now click on the “Devices” option in left navigational panel under the section “iOS Apps”.
- Now click on + button to add your iPhone or iPad device.
- Now you have to enter the UDID of your iOS device. UDID is a 40 hex character string and you can find it using iTunes. To find your device’s UDID connect your iOS device to a Mac and launch iTunes. In iTunes click on “Devices” section and select your iOS device there. Now navigate to the Summary tab and click on “Serial Number” label there. This will show you the 40 hex character UDID of your device.
- After entering the UDID and the name of your iOS device now, click on the Continue button.
- Click on Register button now to complete the registration of your iOS device.
- Now once the registration is done, move back to Member Centre and click on SDKs and then iOS 9.
- Click on Download option at the top right corner and then select your iOS device from the drop down list.
- The beta file will begin downloading and after the download is finished, double click on the downloaded zip file to extract .ipsw file. (Make sure you have the latest iTunes version installed).
- Now that the download and extraction is done, you will use iTunes to install beta iOS on your iOS device. So open iTunes now.
- Connect your iOS device to a Mac and launch iTunes.
- Now select your iOS device in iTunes and navigate to its summary tab.
- Hold down the “Option” key and click on Update iPhone/iPad button.
- Now select the extracted .ipsw file and click on “Open” button to begin the installation of iOS 9 beta.
- Click on OK to continue with installation.
- After the reboot you will be displayed a “Slide to upgrade” slider, so swipe the slider to proceed.
- Your iOS device will reboot again and then the Hello welcome screen will appear before you. Swipe on “Slide to Setup” and tap on Continue. Follow the on-screen instructions now to setup your device.
And that’s it! You have successfully installed iOS 9 Beta on your Apple device. We hope that you liked this post and find it helpful. Please share your views about the post in comments below.