Everyone was surprised when Google kicked out a brand new version of Android says “Android 4.4 KitKat” exclusively for its Nexus devices. No doubt, it was a major update, but later on, the users realized that there are many annoying bugs which need to be resolved as soon as possible. So, in order to fix the bugs, Google came up with an Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. And recently, many other manufacturers also started to roll out Android 4.4.2 KitKat for their flagship devices.
Well, the AT&T version of Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 receives an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. I hope, you have received an OTA update notification on your device for Android 4.4.2 KitKat. If, in case, you have missed out an OTA update notification or due to some reason you might not able to download a huge update package, then here is the guide for you to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 (Official Update). Let’s roll then!
Note: If your device has already been rooted and if you are installing this update then no doubt you will lose the root access. Now, you need to root your device once again.
For updating purpose, you need to check the baseband version of your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 because this update belongs to the device having N7100UCUCNE5 baseband version.
- You have to charge the device battery to 70 – 80% for a flawless process, because the battery is the only source during the process.
- Please check that you have enabled “USB Debugging” option on your device.
- You need to take the backup of your important data.
- Remove the MicroSD before going for updating process
- Ensure that your system must contain Samsung USB Drivers to detect your device.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 (Official Update)
Step 1: Download N7100UCUCNE5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official update and Odin tool from here.
Step 2: Extract both the files on your desktop in one specified folder.
Step 3: Shut down your device.
Step 4: Boot your device into download mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down + Home + Power” buttons together for a few seconds. At last, press “Volume Up” button to get into download mode.
Step 5: Launch “Odin.exe”.
Step 6: Join your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 to your PC via USB data cable.
Step 7: If you device is detected successfully then a blue/yellow/green light will lit under one for the ID:COM box.
Step 8: You have to select specific files in the Odin tool.
- Click on “AP / PDA” button and select “.tar.md5″ file.
- Click on “CP / Phone” button and select file having a “MODEM” in its name. (Don’t select, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “CSC” button and select file having a with “CSC” in its name. (Don’t select, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “PIT” button and select the “.pit” file. (Don’t select, if you don’t find such file)
Step 9: Now you have to very careful which checking the box. Only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes must be checked and don’t interfere with any of the boxes.
Note: Please make sure, if you find “.pit” file then you have compulsory check Re-Partition box.
Step 10: Finally, click on the “Start button” to begin the upgrade process.
Step 11: Once the upgrade process is completed, a big green ring will be displayed on the screen with a “PASS” message.
Finally, you have successfully updated your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Drive through all the new features and improved performance. Also, share your review via comments. Enjoy