CyanogenMod 11 for Sony Xperia Z – Android 4.4. KitKat Update : Xperia Z, Sony’s best smartphone till now, gets a new Android 4.4 KitKat OS update. Sony Xperia Z was introduced with a big bang with its water resistant and a number of other extra ordinary features. Of course, people did like them and accepted this device with a warm heart. Apart from everything, you can rejoice the whole new Interface within the device just by upgrading it to the latest Android’s version. CyanogenMod 11 for Sony Xperia Z is here to be loaded on your smartphone. Learn how you can download and install this Firmware on Sony Xperia Z smartphone right from the following tutorial.
Here given custom ROM Firmware is only available for Sony Xperia Z smartphone. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many issues. We are not responsible for any unwanted results from this installation process. Try at your own manual risk.
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Make sure your device is charged up to 70% to handle this entire installation process
- Take a very good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and the other important things
- Keep a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
CyanogenMod 11 for Sony Xperia Z – Android 4.4. KitKat Update
Step 1 :
- The first and foremost thing you need to do is, download CyanogenMod 11 for Sony Xperia Z with Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware update. If you are not aware from where to download it, kindly follow the link given below and download this Firmware from there.
- Download CM 11 Android 4.4 KitKat ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your PC. Follow the below link to download this Google Apps’ package. Here’s the link.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your phone to the PC by using a proper data cable and make sure it is connected in Mass Storage Mode, so that you will be able to access the data from your smartphone.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card and move further with the installation process.
Step 5 :
- After this, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off and do follow the next step.
- Boot your device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your device runs on a Recovery mode. You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- From the main recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu. This process will flash out the current OS Firmware from your device to let in a new one.
Step 9 :
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the custom ROM Firmware file of Android 4.4 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z device.
Step 10 :
- Do repeat the same process once again to install Google Apps on the device after completing the above process.
Step 11 :
- After completing both installation processes, select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now to come back to the main display.
Step 12 :
- Your Xperia Z will restart automatically and it might take a couple of more minutes to start again as it needs this much time to accomplish the installation process.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat on your Sony Xperia Z smartphone. If you want to check this firmware, follow the below path from your device.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
So, what’s your thoughts on this? Do share your views and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any other doubts or queries regarding the above process, kindly put your comments on the following comment section. We would like to interact with you.