CyanogenMod 11 for Motorola Atrix HD – Android 4.4. KitKat Update : When it comes to design, Motorola’s Atrix should be the choice of everyone. Motorola’s this device has got a huge fan following over the globe with its amazingly designed looks. Yes, it looks super sleek and amazing. The device is specially designed with quality material and more care has been taken out to design its back cover. See how does it really looks in the picture. To add more, this device gets a new Android 4.4 KitKat OS update. CyanogenMod 11 for Motorola Atrix HD is now available to upgrade your phone with this latest Android OS. Learn how you can download and install this update from the following tutorial. Details are as follows!
CyanogenMod 11 which is given here is specially developed for Motorola Atrix HD smartphone. You are requested not to apply this to any other of your Android smartphones. It may get you some undone results with many issues. We are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes after installing this update.
- Your device must be a rooted one and CWM Recovery must be installed in it
- Make sure that your device is enabled with USB Debugging
- Go to: Menu>>Settings>>Apps>>Developer>>USB Debugging
- Take a good backup of your smartphone’s data like of texts, contacts, apps and all the others
- Make sure your device is charged up to 75% to handle this entire installation process
- Have a proper USB data cable to connect your phone to the PC
CyanogenMod 11 for Motorola Atrix HD – Android 4.4. KitKat Update
Step 1 :
- Initially thing required is a proper custom ROM. Download CyanogenMod 11 for Motorola Atrix HD with Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware update. If you are not aware from where to download it, kindly follow the link given below and download this Firmware from there.
- Download CM 11 Android 4.4 KitKat ROM
Step 2 :
- Download Google Apps to re install on your PC. Follow the below link to download this Google Apps’ package.
- Download Google Apps
Step 3 :
- Now, connect your phone to the PC by using a proper data cable and make sure it is connected in Mass Storage Mode, this is just to access the stored data of your device.
Step 4 :
- Copy the above downloaded files on your phone’s memory card and move a step ahead.
Step 5 :
- After this, disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off and do follow the next step wisely.
- Boot your device into recovery mode now.
You can do so by pressing and holding Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. When your phone’s display showing off something, kindly release the buttons.
Step 7 :
- Your device runs on a Recovery mode. You can navigate to options by using Volume down and Volume up keys and can select any option by using Power button.
- From the recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and press YES, from the recovery menu. This is the essential step and you need to complete it wisely.
Step 9 :
- And then, select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card and browse the custom ROM Firmware file of Android 4.4 KitKat for Motorola Atrix HD device.
Step 10 :
- Do repeat the same process once again to install Google Apps on the device after completing the above process.
Step 11 :
- Whole process will take several minutes to get done, after that select +++Go Back+++ and then Reboot System Now to come back to the main display.
Step 12 :
- Your phone will restart automatically and it might take a couple of more minutes to start again as it needs this much time to accomplish the installation process.
Step 13 :
- You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat on your Motorola Atrix HD smartphone. You can check this update directly from your smartphone.
- Go to: Menu>> Settings>> About Phone>> Software firmware
What’s your thoughts on this? Have you ever heard about this update before? Do share your views and opinions with us. Meanwhile, if you have any doubts or questions regarding the tutorial, feel free to let us know. We would try our best to make them solved, till then stay tuned with us. We are here to serve all the new technology updates on a regular basis. Keep coming!